Enjoy the comforts of home in our Washington DC B&B
The comfort, convenience, cleanliness and general ambiance of your room make a tremendous difference in how much you enjoy your stay, and we have gone to great lengths to make your room a bright, clean, comfortable haven. All of our rooms are individually decorated with lovely antique furnishings, carpets over light hardwood floors, beds with comfortably firm mattresses, great light for reading or working, telephones for keeping in touch, Ethernet ports to connect to the FREE high-speed network, and central heat and AC for your comfort in summer or winter. All of our bathrooms have stand-up showers. There are no bathtubs in the guest house.
Click on the room name to view an expanded page.
Please click here to read our Woodley Park Guest House Policies
All of our rooms with private bath have the following amenities.
- Comfortable beds with luxury mattresses and fine linens.
- Private bathrooms with stand-up showers. Please note that there are no bathtubs in the Guest House.
- Toiletries and such – soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower caps and hair dryers are all provided
- Daily housekeeping services
- Free high speed internet access
- Work space - desk, comfortabe chair and great light for working
- Reading space – comfortable seating and great light for reading
- Climate control – The Guest House is centrally heated and air-conditioned for your comfort summer or winter
- Life safety – The Guest House features sophisticated life safety systems for your peace of mind. The whole house is sprinklered, and each room has a hard-wired smoke detector that is connected to a central, monitored fire alarm system. (See more about the renovation and the systems we installed below.)
- Peace and quiet – A great night’s sleep is a blessing, especially when you are traveling. To be sure that you get a great night’s sleep, there are no TV’s or radios in the Guest House. You are welcome to use our free high-speed internet access to download TV shows and movies on your personal electronic device.
The Guest House also offers several smaller rooms with shared bath. These rooms may be the best accommodation deal in Washington DC! Rooms with shared bath do not have private bathrooms, of course, and may not have desks and reading chairs.
We want you to be comfortable. If you have any questions, concerns or requests, please let us know. We will do our best to accommodate you!
What’s included in your room rate?
- Delicious buffet breakfast
- Coffee and tea all day
- Afternoon snacks including DC’s best brownies and shortbread cookies
- Free high-speed internet access
- Concierge services
- An incredible, comfortable front porch
- Warm hospitality
- Great conversation
- Awesome guests
Please note that DC taxes (14.5%) are NOT INCLUDED in the room rate.
The Woodley Park Guest House offers an amenity that is rare in Washington DC – on-site, in-and-out parking for an additional fee. Please let us know if you are bringing a car as parking is limited.
Life Safety and Green Technology – Unique Features among Washington DC bed and breakfast inns
We want to call your attention to some amenities that you may not notice in our photos – amenities that are unique among B&B’s in Washington DC. When we renovated in 2000 we made a major financial commitment to the personal safety of all of our guests. We installed a sprinkler system throughout the house, as well as hard-wired smoke detectors in every guest room and in all the common areas. Our Fire Alarm system is state-of-the-art and monitored 24 hours a day. Our bed and breakfast in Washington DC was completely rebuilt using green technology, including compact fluorescent lighting, low-flow toilets, energy efficient (and quiet!) windows, and low VOC paint. We used Energy-Star appliances for our kitchen and laundry room, as well as high efficiency heating and air conditioning systems. Bricks were reclaimed for use on the beautiful front porch, and the whole house was designed to let in as much natural light as possible.
Our green commitment extends to the daily operation of our Woodley Park Inn as well. We recycle paper, glass and plastic – and we buy local, organic foods for your breakfast!
View the Woodley Policies before booking.