Are you an adventurous traveler? Do you enjoy unique experiences? Do you want to discover the hidden places that tourists almost always miss? If that description fits you, you are a perfect candidate for a B&B! Here’s a closer look at this special way to travel:
- Incredible properties – B&B’s are beautiful properties. They are unique, architecturally distinctive, and frequently drop-dead gorgeous. Some are magnificent city or country homes, while others are luxurious lodges and retreats. The good news about B&B’s is that no two look alike. They are not identical roadside boxes with neon signs luring you off the interstate. Each property offers the opportunity to explore a unique and memorable venue.
- Beautiful Rooms – B&B’s have beautiful, comfortable rooms. Unlike cookie-cutter hotel rooms, B&B rooms are individually furnished and decorated. Most B&B’s have photos of each individual room on the website so you can choose the room that most appeals to you.
- Delicious Food – B&B’s are known for delicious food. Breakfast is a highlight and comes in many forms – from generous buffets to multi-course menus. Some B&B’s offer private tables, while others host breakfast family-style, introducing you to a world – literally – of fellow travelers.
- Personal Hospitality – At a B&B, you are not merely a customer: you are a guest. We’re interested in you as a person, not merely as a credit card transaction. In addition to beautiful accommodations, you will receive the gift of hospitality – welcome, attention, advice, help making plans and solving problems, warmth and friendship. Staying at a B&B is like having friends in town – available, informative and unobtrusive friends! And perhaps most importantly, you will meet a community of travelers with tales to tell, stories to relate and great travel advice to offer.
- Authentic Experiences – B&B’s provide authentic, local experiences. Hotel brands attempt to provide the same experience in every location – from NYC to London to Mumbai. By contrast, B&B’s are owned by local residents who are outstanding sources of information to enhance and optimize your trip. Find out where the local foodies eat. Hear about attractions and activities that are off the beaten path. B&B’s offer extensive concierge services that allow you to get out of the tourist rut, see the area with “local” eyes, and enjoy experiences hotel concierges don’t even know about.
Ready to give it a try? Experience Washington DC from this unique perspective and plan a stay at one of our elegant DC inns. Each are beautifully renovated, historic homes located in DC’s most convenient neighborhoods. Allow us to show you a more authentic side of DC and join us for a one-of-a-kind getaway.