There is no question that Washington DC is beautiful when the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom. If you’ve always wanted to see this sight, but haven’t quite gotten around to it yet, this is your year! Because we had such a warm February, the Cherry Blossoms are blooming a bit early. The National Park Service has predicted that Peak Bloom will be from March 17 – 20, so you still have time to arrange a trip to DC to enjoy the Blossoms and the Festival that celebrates them. Plan to stay in DC a few days so you can spend an afternoon or two strolling the Tidal Basin and the Memorials while enjoying this natural spectacle.
But after you’ve seen the blossoms, what else you can do while you’re in town? LOTS! Check out these great activities.
- Washington Nationals: What else shouts out the arrival of spring? Baseball, of course! See the Washington Nationals take on the New York Mets at the 2018 Home Opener on Thursday, April 5 at 1:05 PM. It’s an easy commute to the National’s Park from either Woodley Park Guest House or Embassy Circle Guest House. Once there. enjoy a craft beer and a crab cake sandwich or the more traditional hot dog and peanuts.
- Southwest Waterfront Festival: Not a baseball fan? No problem! We’ve got options. Check out the Southwest Waterfront Festival on Saturday, April 7 from 1:00 to 9:30 PM. Enjoy live music on three different stages including country, jazz, funk, bluegrass and choral music along with traditional Japanese music and dance.
- Fireworks: Stay late at the Waterfront and watch the amazing fireworks display that closes the Festival. Jump on Metro and be back at Woodley Park Guest House or Embassy Circle Guest House just minutes after the final Boom!
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade: If the following week works better for you, come stay at Woodley Park Guest House and Embassy Circle Guest House for the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. On Saturday, April 14, from 10:00 AM to noon, watch marching bands, floats, balloons and dancers take over ten blocks of Constitution Avenue. General Admission is free and grandstand seats are available for $20.00 and up.
- Performances at the Tidal Basin: Looking for something a little more subdued. Take advantage of Performances at the Tidal Basin. Enjoy six different live music performances daily, March 24 – April 8. All performance are free and they are presented hourly from Noon to 6:00 PM. The Tidal Basin stage is in the heart of the Cherry Blossoms.
If you’re coming in from out of town you’ll need a place to stay while you are enjoying Cherry Blossoms, baseball, parades, and other fun spring activities in DC. Woodley Park Guest House and Embassy Circle Guest House are your perfect home base for all the special events that are part of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. To make your reservation, call us or Visit Us Online to book your stay at one of our DC INNS.